Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome To My Blog.

Hi all. I am a 21 year old Australian male who has an interest in American sports, specifically the NFL (Football) and the NHL (Ice Hockey). I also follow other sports such as the MLB (baseball) and the NBA (Basketball), though not as much as I enjoy the NHL and NFL. What I plan on posting on this blog is my views on current news and events coming from these sports and providing my outlook on them, as a non-American.

A little history about my involvement with these sports. For a long time I had remained interested in their various sports, but coming from a family who had a 56k modem internet connection and no pay-TV up until 2008 I had little to no way of watching any of these sports, as Australian TV just rarely shows any of them. As I grew up I ended up becoming more involved in Australian sports such as the NRL and the V8 Supercars, however I found these sports dull and boring to watch half the time.

Upon meeting my current girlfriend, who is a Pittsburgh girl, her support for her teams got me interested into American sports again. I started watching live streams of Pittsburgh Steelers games with her, and bought a copy of Madden 09 to learn the game. Since then my interest and support for the Pittsburgh teams has grown and I've become as big as a supporter for them as any Pittsburgh native. From there it spread to the sport in general and I love discussing about all the teams in the sports to people who are also interested.

Upon urging from my girlfriend I have decided to start a blog to write down my thoughts and views on these sports. I'm hoping this venture will be a successful one, and I attract the viewership of as many as at least 5 people. Also any Australians, come here for news! I generally have a great idea of what I'm talking about.

I look forward to writing my first post. See you soon!

1 comment: